Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Why a blog on book reviews?

I was a good student, which in most middle class Indian family means a bookworm. That too a person who has invested more than half his life in his course curricula. When I look at the books I sometimes feel how silly of me to spend the whole year the books which ideally should be no more than three months of reading for any one with average level of intelligence as I have.

In any case, as I started growing up (I have doubts if I am really a grown up) subsequent to joining my job I found very few things interesting that reading. Now probably I have a collection of over 500 books of various genre and reading has become a passion than a just a hobby.

I found a couple of my friends reviewing books and journals and posting them as blogs. I find it quite interesting and useful as well. May be you will find some of these notes useful. Please comment on them if you do not agree to my viewpoints.

No comments:

Surely Youre Joking Mr Feynman: Richard Feynmann (1985)

A maverick!!! That is what you feel when you read the book. A person who does not agree to anything that does not meet his line of work or t...