Sunday, May 01, 2022

What the CEO wants you to know - Ram Charan (2001)

By the year of publication, one may say the book has lived its life. I will beg to differ. I think the book has a lifetime shelf life for a management practitioner. Although I read this book as part of a management training coverage almost a decade back, I had not written a review. I will like to rectify that omission. In a few words, Du-Pont analysis of the 60s has a strong influence on this book. That is the reason I like this book most. Product growth is an important aspect, and understanding it through Du-Pont analysis is the easiest.   It has numbers and a mechanism to locate the areas of focus from the model. This book gives a simplistic commoner's language without adding the MBA jargon. So anyone can understand the book, while MBAs can see through the theoretical foundations of the book. 

It's a breeze to read, and one can complete it within an hour or two. One can bring it to use in one's day-to-day professional life. I recommend everyone to read this book to understand business. 

No comments:

Surely Youre Joking Mr Feynman: Richard Feynmann (1985)

A maverick!!! That is what you feel when you read the book. A person who does not agree to anything that does not meet his line of work or t...